Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Now That Was

Many times I write down a topic that I want to blog about. Just as many times, I am distracted by some life event which keeps me from powering up the ol' laptop and pushing my thoughts into this log. So, I have a backlog (my backblog).

The problem? These items which seemed so topical, so interesting, just a few days before, now seem downright pedestrian. I am constantly left with the question: what happened? Did the topic magically become less interesting? Was I so off in my original assessments of a topic's entertainment value? In essence.... what gives?

I think the issue is centered around my desire to not "repeat" work. While writing down my "great ideas" I do some reflection on them. After all, just because I can't blog about something hardly means it is absent from my mind. To then revisit this topic from the standpoint of a blank page would involve going back and redoing all of that initial thinking.

Often times, I'm amazed I can think of the things I do just once. Trying to think of them twice is just pushing it. So, my news tickers will remain vaporware. I will have ample time to dispense parenting advice into the ether in the years to come.

-Ed

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that is one way to say "I don't have anything to say today" ;-)

11:12 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Drat. I've been found out.

Tune in tomorrow for "The yesterday that might have been..."

-Ed

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home