Friday, March 10, 2006

Stalker update

I got a new e-mail from a new e-mail address. I did something uncharacteristic of me... I deleted it without really reading it. It was long, and it started with some cuss words. I added the new e-mail address to my list of banned e-mail addresses.

In my 31 years of age, I have come to understand that the more we try and convince someone else of something (especially unsolicited and out of the blue) the more we are really trying to convince ourselves of that same thing.

God only knows the torture this poor person is going through that they need to seek me out after a year and send me vomitous e-mail. To what end I can only guess because, as far as I can tell, I am not insane.

-Ed

3 Comments:

Blogger Phil Romans said...

I prefer to think that I am slowly going sane in an insane world.

Thanks to The Tick for that one.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Playful Grace said...

Go you. An excellent point about what we try so hard to convince others of, we are also (if not actually) trying to convince ourselves of, because the truth is, if we were convinced, we wouldn't need to convince others, because we'd accept it.

Uh... yeah.

Anyway, I'm really sorry about Duh being all pyscho and stuff. To send email from another address, well, just shows you that she has some major issues she needs to deal with, and for her sake, I hope she does.

Sounds as though she's trying to get a reaction from you on some level, for whatever reason. Hopefully, but continuing to ignore the emails, she'll eventually get the message.

Plus, by not feeding into the drama she's clearly trying to create, you aren't giving energy to the situation. There are those people out there who thrive on drama, literally feeding off the energy creates.

Oh, and I don't think you are insane. :) Just so, you know, you know. :)

6:35 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Thanks again. It is necessary to get *external* feedback confirming sanity. I keep telling myself I'm not crazy but when I'm the only one saying it, I begin to wonder... 8)

Enough about Duh. She comes back every once in a while because I try to be firm but polite - a character flaw the self-centered thrive on.

But, to let her be more than an afterthought is to reject the many other things in my life more worthy of my attention like... my shoelaces. Wow. Look at those aglets. Beautiful..

oh.. where was I? Oh.. that's right.. I need new shoes.

_Ed

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home