Sunday, February 19, 2006

Ephiphany

I was in class Saturday, bright and early, 8:30am. I need to talk, sometime, about my Saturdays. Usually up at 6:45am, and often not to bed until 2am that evening, they have become quite interesting for me.

But this blog is not about Saturdays. It is about a particular bestowal of knowledge that I had during my class yesterday morning. Please, allow me to relay a portion of my teacher's comments from that day (paraphrased through my rapidly-aging memory).

The software running on the space shuttle is an example of high-reliability software, as an error in that software could joepardize lives. This kind of software has historically been called man-rated. I imagine this terminology is a bit dated, as now astronauts are comprised of other genders.




Now, I go to this class to learn, no questions about it. But I always thought that I would be learning about software. The idea that, in addition to male there are several other genders is intriguing. How many other genders are there? Is this a new step in human evolution? Have I been missing out on a new gender revolution?

Clearly, this can only be solved through exhaustive internet searching.

-ed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home