Monday, July 04, 2005

Eddie the Leper

It's funny how some can be sick so regularly. By regularly, I don't mean frequently, I just mean with some predictable periodicity. Case in point: myself.

I've been happily married for 2 years (that's 20 in speech years). And for the past 2 years I have been utterly, inexcusably, terribly ill for our anniversary. Head-throbbing, throat-scratching, chest-coughing sick. For our anniversary. Twice. Batting 1000 in the germ department.

What possible effect our nuptuals could have had on my immune system is beyond me. Until the genetics have been appropriately studied, Linda is doomed to the following exchanges...

Linda: Happy Anniversary!
Ed: bleh. blech. blarf
Linda: Where would you like to go for dinner?
Ed: bleh. blech. blarf
Linda: Would you like to see a movie?
Ed: bleh. blech. blarf
Linda: I love you very much!
Ed: bleh. blech. blarf
Linda: Why don't we stay home...
Ed: bleh. blech. blarf
Linda: ... in different rooms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home