Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Still Cruisin

Just came into Key West. I hate Key West? Why? When you coming from the Bahamas back to Key West you need to go through customs. Linda and I had to be awake at 7:00am to show a homeland security goon our passports. NO ONE is allowed off the ship until EVERY person on the ship has been through "passport control". It is now 8:30am and they are still calling names for people to come in, and no-one has been let off the ship yet. Lots and Lots of surly guests here.

Hint: NEVER go on a cruise ship whose itinerary takes you away from the states and then back again during the cruise. I'm just glad Linda and I think Key West is crap and had planned on staying on the boat today anyway.

I don't know why they say Royal Caribbean is for older people. Oh wait.. Linda and I just missed an arthritis seminar in the day spa and, no, I'm not kidding. I've never seen so many wheelchairs in my life (and, yes, they have special sand-friendly, dune-buggy wheel chairs for the beach). Actually, that kind of makes me feel good -- seeing people who really appreciate the area instead of a bunch of teenage brats whining about waits.

Every night there is ballroom dancing in the centrium lounge, which is by the main "grand" staircase in the ship. It has been comandered by a groupd of elderly asians celebrating a family reunion. The 10 of them dance the night away (well, until midnight, things close up kinda early around here).

Food is really good (no tenderloin of chicken). Yesterday was Coco Cay, Royal Caribbean's private island. It was beautiful. Linda and I snorkeled and layed on mats. Apparently, when applying sunscreen to my back Linda suffered an epileptic seizure and left big, weird gaps of coverage. The ensuing bright red burns on my back leave me looking a bit like a walking "ink-blot" test (No, I can't spell Rorschatt --???)

Oh dear. They are calling 5 guests to passport control.... If you happen to see:

Charles, John, Albert, Kathy or Debrah

Please, hit them with a shovel. Oh, wait, hit them AFTER they show their passport, thus ending the anxiety of the 2000+ people they are holding hostage.

-Ed (annoyed at having to get up at 7:00am while on vacation)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home