Tuesday, May 31, 2005

What's That Buzz

I bought something on Saturday. My friend helped me load it from the store onto his truck and then into my garage.

I'll give you some hints as to what it is...

It's silvery, grey and green.

It has a 5/8" arbor.
It has a 10" blade.
It comes with a Dado throat plate.
It has a 3hp v-belt drive on 15 amp service.
It makes men cry.

What could this possibly be?



A table saw !

How did I manage to talk Linda into letting me get a table saw?!?! Well, you don't get good tools without some smooth talkin'. Listen up guys, and maybe you'll learn something from Ed Bigelo, Power Tool Gigelo.

Linda: Why do you want a table saw?
Ed: To cut things like... this piece of wood!
Linda: Can't you cut that on your mitre saw?
Ed: Oops. Yup. You're right.
Linda: Why do you want a table saw?
Ed: To cut things like... this piece of wood!
Linda: Can't you cut that by putting up 2 saw horses and using your circular saw?
Ed: Oops. Yup. You're right.
Linda: Why do you want a table saw?
Ed: ***crying like a baby*** PLEASE let me buy one. pleasepleasepleaseplease

See. Sometimes you need to show them who's boss. Upon letting a fellow friend know that I got a table saw, that conversation went something like this:

Ed: I got a table saw!
Friend: Great! What will you build!
Ed: A workshop! I can use it to help make my workbench and cabinets and shelving units.
Friend: Great! But, then what will you build?
Ed: What do you mean? I have the table saw and I will use it to build a wood-working workshop. I will be able to build lots of things.
Friend: Great! But, then what will you build with this wood-working workshop?
Ed: What do you mean? I will have a workshop and use it to build things.
Friend: Name one thing you would build after you build your workshop thus justifying why you built the workshop to begin with.
Ed: ***crying like a baby*** PLEASE look up to me for owning one. pleasepleasepleaseplease

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home