Thursday, June 02, 2005

Mea Apologia

My spelling is attrocious. Horrid. A specific type of slander against the English language itself. Worse, I have chosen to compound the general insult that is my typing with the publicity of this blog.

Why do I spell so poorly?

1. I don't go back and edit my posts unless I add new material. Why? Unless meaning is impaired, spelling and grammar are not the goals here. Sorry, but this blog does not apsire to literature.

2. I grew up with lawyers. Now, lawyers, as a group, spell rather well (or at least use enough $2 words that if they are misspelled you won't know it). But I am not a lawyer and, at present, have no desire to be one. So what is the significance? I grew up hearing and, thus, using $2 words in conversation that I could never possibly put down on paper. These blogs are my conversations to myself. They use my verbal idioms. The underscore the fact that I can't spell half of what I say.

So, there you have it: my confession; my apology.

I will try and do beter in the fyouchore.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You misspelled "aspire" under point number 1. :)

5:37 PM  
Blogger Phil Romans said...

I am there with you brother. I get more comments on my own blog about the poor grammar and spelling than anything else.

FIGHT THE POWER!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Yeah, I'm tired of being held down by THE MNA.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home