Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Generosity

Linda and I were fortunate enough to have 4 major baby showers during our pregnancy. The outpouring of love and support from all of these events was truly, truly immense.

In parents-to-be terms, love and support means "lots of stuff from Babies-R-Us".

Coming home from the shower that we had at my mother's house, I was pretty shocked at the pile of stuff we received:



That is one full van.


Adding this to the presents already collected over the other 3 showers and we had a room devoted to tangible well-wishes for our unborn daughter:



We call this one "Mount Generosity"


Yes, the cows are what you think. No, they are not for the baby. Yes, I still have them. Yes, there is a story to them. Yes, I will tell it one day.


I wanted to post some of these pictures as a way of explaining just why I have been away for so long. It has taken alot of time to make room for this stuff, assemble this stuff, learn how to use all of this stuff, and put it all where it belongs.

Chances are, if you are reading this blog, you contributed to some of this stuff! And, if so, I want to say, again, thank you.

-Ed

1 Comments:

Blogger Playful Grace said...

I am so happy for you both. Linda looks absolutely radiant, and it's so lovely to see a husband so in awe of his wife during this sacred time.

By the way, I'm sure da hub is laughing hysterically after reading your posts about nesting. I know I was cracking up, because I've SO been there.

Although I didn't decide to hand sew covers for the furniture. Maybe next time though. :)

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home