Sunday, July 30, 2006

um... wow

I could swear the last time I came up for air that is was still in early July. I apologize for being so absent. Life's been hectic (good hectic) lately.

I continue to clean the garage. Much pegboard has been sacrificed in the effort.

I continue to prepare the nursery. Much crown and chair molding, pooh stuff, trim, and paint and hours of friend's lives have been sacrificed in the effort.

I am working on 6 separate projects at work, some of which I just can't talk about. One thing I can talk about is that 3 of my research proposals are going to the last big hurdle before funding, and I am frantically, this weekend, trying to finish the rough draft of my conference paper.

One of the reasons I haven't blogged in a while is that I have been burnt out on the writing. Never let anyone try and convince you that scientific or other business writing is like writing for pleasure. It really, really isn't. Nevertheless, one really can get their fill of the written word.

Some things I want to write about are:

- an excellent friend baby shower that Linda and I were given a week ago.

- A friend of mine who dropped alot of weight recently, leading me to ponder the nature of goal-orientation and success in our lives

- Linda being away on vacation this weekend (I am stuck at home working on a big presentation Monday and... that dreaded conference paper) and remembering why I don't miss being a bachelor.

Hey, you know what I think would be a good idea? People who read this site whenever there is a new post should volunteer to "guest write" blog entries. It might be fun to have anothers perspective on here sometimes (those times being when I am away for a month at a time).

-Ed

ps. Oy... you can tell what mode I've been in when I need to write abstracts introducing upcoming blogs! I should tack schedule and cost estimates to them as well... 8)

3 Comments:

Blogger Playful Grace said...

As always, good to see your posts. Just wait until the baby arrives. :)

I totally hear you on the writing front. When I was a tech writer, the last thing I wanted to do was write anything when I got home.

Though guest writers would be fun, I don't know if they'd capture your sense of prose. It definitely would be interesting though.

Looking forward to when you get past the burn-out to write about what you want to write about. I'm currently dealing with something similar, although mine's more of just being overwhelmed trying to get a ton of stuff done, and not having the time or energy.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Phil Romans said...

You can use Blogger to help with guest postings... grant access or if you don't want them having keys to the kingdom... just have folks email you I suppose.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Or give them the name of my super-secret "e-mail to this address to post a blog entry" and they can do it themselves. 8)

Not sure I like anonymous postings. I had been deleting several anaonymous, annoying comments a week and just decided to turn off guest comments.

Who on earth stumbles across a year old blog entry and posts to it? Crazy...

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home