Monday, May 02, 2005

The thrills of being an extrovert

A very good friend of mine is getting married this summer. One of the things that is very exciting about this is that my friend is Indian and the wedding is going to be very culturally new to me. Based on what we have seen and heard (and researched) so far it is going to be fun, educational, and gorgeous.

This past weekend they had a small (pseudo-coed) bridal shower for the bride. Linda and I knew only, perhaps, 10% of the attendees. We were a little intimidated going into the party. Would we make friends? Would we be wall flowers? Would the photoshopped pictures I made of the groom with Barney the dinosaur, Michael Jackson, and Fabio be seen as funny or stupid?

Sometimes there is nothing to it but to do it. So, taking a deep breath, I walked into a kitchen full of people and just announced "Hi, I'm Ed (but not financially)". 5 hours, and lots of laughs later we were driving home relieved and energized.

I learned a couple of things that night.

- I'm better at ping pong than I thought.

- My group of friends does lots of fun things that other people don't do. Either that or we have pioneered adult weekend daycare for thirty-somethings.

- This groom-to-be knows alot of fun people (and he looked pretty good with Fabio).

-Ed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home