Thursday, April 28, 2005

Life, the Patio, and Everything

The patio, she is finished. While I was happily whacking away at the remaining patio pavers Linda went to Home Depot and picked up 25 more retaining wall bricks. God bless her.

This morning, 4 tons of topsoil were dumped next to our driveway. It will be used to fill in the area behind the retaining wall and provide some good soil (i.e. not rock and clay) for our gardens.

I almost lost my pinky in an odd rubber-mallet-torpedo-level accident. Don't ask... I have pictures. Why aren't they posted here? Because I'm tired as hell.

Tonight we will put the last row on the retaining wall, and then give it some dirt to retain. We will sand out the patio, and install the remaining little plastic edging things to keep everything in place. We will start cleaning the house for Friday's poker night, and, just maybe, begin painting the screened-in porch.

Mother's Day is fast approaching! Let's see, for the past 3 weeks I have been so busy I have not talked to my family, in preparation for Mother's Day. At least a week after Mother's Day I will be recuperating and will not want to speek to anyone. So it's Happy Mother's Day mom! To prepare for this one day, I won't speak to you for a month! 8)

-Ed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home