Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I am an alcoholic

I had escaped the tar pit for a while!

Finishing up the retaining wall and patio has been a challenge. I don't get home from work until 6pm, and we lose light around 8:00-8:30pm. The constant drizzle in the evenings has made it difficult to get meaningful work on the patio in. It is hard to smack pavers into the sand when the sand more closely resembles quicksand.

Why am I an alcoholic?

Let's see... I got home from work at 6pm, immediately changed clothes and went to work on the patio until we lost light (and then some) at 8:45pm. I ate a 15 minute dinner of microwaved pizza at 8:45pm, and then did some spacecraft testing from 9pm-10:30pm (gotta love those little work "fires") and snuggled into bed at 10:30pm to read my newest edition of The Family handyman .

Why does that make me an alcoholic? Dehydrated and not wanting to make a powdered drink, I opened a can of Coors Lite and took it to bed with me. So I was sitting in bed, drinking a Coors Lite, reading a handyman book, and generally feeling like something out of a Jeff Foxworthy skit.

Then my sister called to tell me she was going to buy a sink.

-Ed

ps. Speaking of my impending alcoholism, I just remembered an exchange that happened this past weekend, and some funny pictures to go with it. More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home