Wednesday, April 27, 2005

My Wife is a Whoopie Cushion

At the baby shower this past weekend, I made the observation that Linda was enjoying her second blue whale.

Now Linda doesn't drink very often and will only drink in 1 of 3 houses, with drinks she likes and people she knows and feels comfortable with. Yes, anyone that really knows Linda will have no trouble believing she really has a system for this.

The house where the baby shower occurred is particularly famous for getting Linda loopy. The tap water there runs hot and cold cabo-wabo, and it is first in the "1 of 3" houses. Of course, it helps that it is in the same neighborhood as our house.

I was sharing this observation with a friend at the baby shower, and almost immediately got the response:

"Oh, she doesn't just drink at this house. We remember Halloween!"

Now, yes, Halloween was 6 months ago, and it was at our house (house number 3 on the list of houses she allows herself to drink at). Y'all can try and figure out house #2.

I found it funny that it would be such an instant reference. So I dug up some pictures from Halloween and reminded myself that, oh yes, that was a hard time to forget.

You see, Linda came to our Halloween costume party as a whoopie cushion...



Of course, we ran out of some mix-drink-materials so a few of us left, mid party, to find some more mixers. Don't worry, the driver was quite dry.



And around 2am, my little whoopie cushion could take no more.


Join me for my next blog entry "How to smooth over a pissed off wife".

-Ed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home