Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My Head

New Years Eve was alot of fun this year. Busy! But alot of fun.

Dre, as promised, no pictures on the blog, but I do have some and they are terrific.

We got home around 4am after I'd drunk, approximately, my weight in beer. Now, there are two things you should know about me:

1. I'm old.
2. I don't drink all that often (see #1)

So when I rolled out of bed around 3pm the next day it was with no small amount of cursing. Quiet cursing. Head pounding cursing. The hangover is just now, three days later, leaving.

That is something that I cannot do more than once a year, if that.

Many thanks to Linda who sobered up around 1am, a few hours before we left the party at 3:30am. I will never understand how people think they can drive themselves around when drunk. Half an hour into the new year I would have given my keys to a stranger to drive me home!

I will say that I was sober enough at midnight to call my family and wish them a happy new year -- a tradition happily uninterrupted in my 31 years.

-Ed

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't say you couldn't post ANY pictures. Only "outdoor" pictures are off limits. :)

4:56 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

But those are the only interesting ones!

-Ed

5:37 PM  
Blogger Phil Romans said...

I am a light weight when it comes to drinking, I realize this and avoid most of it. I never went to parties to drink and ever get drunk, just not who I am.

The low point of this lack of drinking occured two New Years' ago when all I had was a flute of champange for the New Year... I woke up the next morning with a low grade headache. UGH!

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home