Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A Miracle on My Street

Linda and I have started our own Christmas Eve tradition: her family gets together at our house and does the gift exchange. This works out logistically for a number of reasons: most of her brothers are married and spend Christmas Day with their own families.

Since I've already waxed poetic about Christmas Eve, let me just jump to the pictures...


Our tree, Franklin.



Linda's dad takes on a new small woodworking project each holiday. Last year, the project was light-up holiday houses. I think he does good work!



Inflatagonadon was VERY excited about Christmas this year.



Linda's snowman "village" was pruned down from last year. Some snowmen were... put out to pasture. On a more terrifying note, hours before the party the entire villiage was laid to waste by an unseen force. Linda is betting it was one of the cats. My money is on Mothra.



I noticed that the animatronic movement of santa looked, startingly, like the jolly old elf had been drinking. So I marked up a bottle of vanilla extract to say "rum" and hot glued it to his hand. The cute black wooden lamppost? That was Linda's dad's holiday project this year.



Yay! My PVR. You can see it next to my television, under the potted plant. Yes, big computer cases are ugly. But big computer cases are also cool and cheap.



Our house was full, but I don't necessarily like posting pictures of people on this blog without their permission. So, lest the house look empty, here is a picture of me next to the kitchen snowman and egg beating brigade. I think I had a mouth full of cheesecake.



Linda, at the same photo spot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home