Saturday, January 21, 2006

The 24 Hour Flu

Is aptly named.

Hoo-boy, am I glad to be alive right now. Thursday evening around 3am I was kneeling in front of our commode. By 4am I was shaking so violently my muscles still hurt. By 6am I was greedily eyeing the immodium. Too much information? Bah.

Friday was spent curled under 3 blankets watching the "Amazing Stories" marathon on the sci-fi channel. This morning I woke up at 10am and was completely fine. No temperature, and just some minor muscle aches and pains.

It is just amazing to me how quickly such an illness can descend upon you and, likewise, how quickly it can pass. I would be in greater amazement, but I am just going to sit back and bask in my tempoerarily lost ability to sit in front of the computer without wanting to pass out.

-Ed

3 Comments:

Blogger Phil Romans said...

Holy cow! Here is hoping everything is better and you have gotten or get as much rest as you need to recoup!

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was an Amazing Stories marathon on Friday? Dammit. I bet they showed the one with John Lithgow and the doll, too.

Between that and the Quantum Leap-a-thons, I'll have to start planning my personal days around SciFi's schedule.


Oh, yeah, hope you're feeling better!
That wasn't an afterthought. Really.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Playful Grace said...

Just catching up... hope that you are feeling better!

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home