Sunday, May 07, 2006

Free At Last

My last final for the semester was this morning at 8am. I was up at 6:30am after having spent hours studying the night before. The final took an hour and a half and I think I did well.

So, after a grueling semester, how does one celebrate this victory? By pressure washing and starting to stain ones deck! So, from 10am until 6pm I was outdoors turning myself beet red and my deck a nice honey gold.

So, after a grueling day on the deckm how does one celebrate victory? by going to a Cinco De Mayo party at a friend's house until 2:30am. I just got home. I've been up for over 20 hours and this old man is going to bed.

-Ed

ps. For those reading thus far, project Lentil has now been renamed "Project Lentilina"

3 Comments:

Blogger Phil Romans said...

Sorry I missed the nacho cart... hope everyone had a great time. Who needs a Free Coke Coupon?!

Oh, and how are the name selections coming along now? =)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

I'll post more about it today at lunch, but we are having a girl!

Phil, we are going back and forth on baby names. So far the leading name is Philina. We'll let you know how it goes from there.

-Ed

10:36 AM  
Blogger Playful Grace said...

Glad to hear the update. As soon as we found our we were having a girl, Hubby and a multitude of our other (mostly male) friends began plotting how they were going to intimidate... I mean, uh, interview... whoever was interested in dating her. Imagine already being nervous about yoru first date, to be greated at the door by The Uncle - all 6 feet and 250 some pounds of tatooed muscle, with a few questions, and, if you pass that you get to come in and be interviewed by about, oh, 13 or so other people, and finally the dad. And, as you walk out to the car, you meet the self-proclaimed chaperones, and their baseball bats.

And did I mention, Dad doesn't wanting her dating until shes... oh, 50?

Of course, you also get those precious moments of... "Daddy... I love you. I really love you" with the hug, followed by the inevitable "Can I... borrow the car? have some cash? get that new such-and -such?"

Seriously though, you will so loved being wrapped around her little finger. What a gift!

And Philina... oh, what a name! ;)

You know, there's also Edwina. :)

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home