Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Years Resolutions





I used to joke that my New Year's Resolution would be 1024x768. As a joke it always backfired: If you didn't get the joke, you didn't want to hang around me. If you did get the joke, chances are I didn't want to hang around you! 8) No offense, it's an alpha-nerd thing.

So, I've been brainstorming on what my New Year's Resolution should be, and I think I have narrowed it down to a top ten. Please feel free to comment.

Top 10 Things I Should Start Doing in 2006

#10) Flossing
#9) Aging Gracefully
#8) Eating Breakfast (and eating it before 11:00am)
#7) Learning to say "No"
#6) Getting to Bed By Midnight (and not defining "bed" as "the chair in front of the computer")
#5) Getting back to the shape I was in when I got my black belt.
#4) Realize I most probably am destructible and, murphily, at the worst possible moment.
#3) Stop quoting B movies as if people know what I am talking about
#2) Start taking my writing seriously.

#1) Prohibiting senseless, self-serving entries like this on my blog.


-Ed

4 Comments:

Blogger Playful Grace said...

I love your list, especially the "aging gracefully".

As for the pointless, self-serving blog entries, why, those are the best kind! :)

Good luck!

7:58 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Thank you!

And I will now consider this a mandate to continue with self-serving blog entries!

8)

-Ed

10:33 AM  
Blogger monica said...

Well, at least you're on record as having posted this joke first!

Happy new year!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Playful Grace said...

Oh yay! Blog away!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home