Friday, November 04, 2005

Hat Rack

Was skimming CNN and came across this article.

Apparently, referring to graffiti artists, the mayor of Las Vegas on a tv talk show said "I'm saying maybe you put them on TV and cut off a thumb... that may be the right thing to do."

To which another panelist on the same TV show suggested that the mayor should "use his head for something other than a hat rack."

Maybe it's just a dated joke, but I thought that was pretty darn funny. I can't wait for someone wearing a hat to say something stupid to me. How long could that possibly take?

-Ed

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oscar Goodman, the mayor who made this particular enlightened remark about grafitti artists, is an alumnus of Haverford College, the school for which I work. He was also once--and I know you'll find this completely shocking--a lawyer for the mob. Not exactly the career path one anticipates for the graduate of a Quaker college.

A Jesuit school, on the other hand...

2:14 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Well, as a lawyer for the mob perhaps he really wasn't kidding about all the thumb-ectomies...

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home