Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Blogging at 3:00am

Whew, it's pretty clear that a balloon at 3am is something that gets to you. As a recap, the balloon was found stuffed behind a bookcase in the guest bedroom the next morning.

Attempts the next night to recreate the airflow failed miserably. The balloon was still floating around 5-6' off the ground, and with some help it went from the hallway into the bedroom, but then just kept going. Turning the balloon and giving it a gentle push towards the TV, and it kept going until it hit the TV and then started to sink.

Most notably was how "wobbly" the balloon was in all of its motions. Nothing near the smooth more "determined" path it had taken the previous evening.

I'm aware that houses and rooms have wind eddys around trafficked areas, and that air currents can be in different directions at different heights in a room. I still don't have a great explanation for what we saw.

I'll never be able to recreate the conditions of the evening, nor do I think I want to, as it was just a fantastic series of events.

With luck I will be on vacation soon and maybe, with some sleep behind me, I can get some of the blogs in my head back out into the ether where they belong.

-Ed

1 Comments:

Blogger Playful Grace said...

Interesting events, and definitely freaky. I wonder what else was behind or on that book case?

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home