Tuesday, September 06, 2005

My Car Generates Gasoline

My car has a digital readout that tells you how many miles are left until you are out of gas. Presumably, this calculation is based on how many gallons of gasoline the computer *thinks* is still in your gas tank and what your current "miles-per-gallon" average is.

I got in the car this morning to go to work and the readout stated that I had 121 miles until empty, which places me at about 1/3 full (I get around 330 miles on a tank of gas). As the premium stuff inches towards $4 a gallon, I've been trying to drive in a manner which saves gas: fewer throttles and speedups, less passing, not accelerating out of turns, and staying away from high RPMs in low gears.

Apparently, this technique works. 36 miles later when I pulled into my parking lot at work, my car read that I now had 124 miles until empty!

My car generates its own gasoline!

-Ed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home