Monday, August 01, 2005

My Car Is Revolting

If you peruse this site on any type of regular basis you will recall my attempts to fix my car's window regulator. I'm waiting for my car's service manual to ship this week before I finish off that repair. But, in the meantime, my car has decided that me fixing it is not acceptable.

My car has begun to revolt.

My driver's side window has now stopped rolling up. It looks, and sounds, quite a bit like a window regulator problem. Once I fix my rear passenger window, I have the great fun of taking off my driver's side door and trying to fix that problem.

Yesterday, while heading to the driving range, my brother-in-law noticed that there was a golf-ball sized bubble on one tire around a hole the width of my pinky. Closer inspection showed I was an 8th of an inch away from a blowout and all four tires needed to be replaced.

If you ever need tires, give www.tirerack.com a try, they have pretty decent tire prices.

I'm a little bit afraid of how long this mechanical temper tantrum is going to last, but we'll get past it with a little patience, some elbow-grease, and lots of cussing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home